Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Dear Reader Letter

Dear Reader,
I am an expecting mother this year, so this is my last quarter until the baby is old enough for day care. This is my third quarter attending EvCC. I am English 98 student who has to do an e-portfolio. I come from a family of seven children born and raised out of Columbus Georgia and the youngest out of them all. I am up here with my loving husband who is in the military and stationed here. I like writing essays as long as I can relate to it, however: in this class I had to learn how to write essays that didn’t relate to me and that made more challenging. They were kind of essay where you had to be able to compare/contrast, persuade, and to define a word. Not only did we have that, but you had to know how to do a good lead-in and thesis. This class has helped me to learn how to not only have a voice but the different tones in having a voice. The only thing that was my weakness was organizing and having a flow of ideas that all come together so the reader can follow. I have improved my organization skills in my writing and I am still getting stronger in that area. This class has taught me how to do that with using different techniques such as writing subjectively or objectively, or using point by point, or subject to subject. As a reader, I am able to give back educated feedback to others about their work. As you continue reading my e-portfolio you will see some of my best work for this quarter that I have done. I am starting off by doing my introduction of the pieces that I will include later on in my e-portfolio. My first piece is called” An Old Wise Tell”, the second piece is called “Pregnancy”, my third piece called “Final Seminar from the book called “The Bean Tree”, and my final piece is called “Coffee and Pregnancy.” I hope you enjoy it and that I all going to say you will have to see the rest for yourself.

2 comments:

Jiwon Park said...

WHAT? you have a husband?
i didn't know you were married lol
well anyway nice introduction
good job!!!!!!
oh and thanx for your comment :)

Binh Pham said...

Hi Vanessa,
I really like your portfolio...I think you did really good, and I'm so proud of you for staying in school when you having a baby...
Keep in touch..and I'll see you on your baby-shower day....luv u...and have a great summer!